82banana95's Reviews > The First Part Last

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

F 50x66
Jan 15, 09

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson is a twisted, poetic novel. It’s mostly fasted paced and has quick twist and turns. This novel definitely lives up to its name, the first part last. Bobby has gotten his girlfriend pregnant doesn’t know what to decide, whether he should keep Feather or give her away to the happy smiling families like the ones on the posters in the waiting room.Nia bobby’s girlfriend begins having problems with the baby and is sent to the hospital, the families await any news about Nia.Bobby begins to have a heavy burden, his baby’s mother is pregnant and is having trouble, he has to finish school; and is in the process of moving in with his father. Fred, Bobby’s father is not to happy or surprised after finding out his son just got a girl pregnant; Mary, Bobby’s mother;J.L.,one of Bobby’s friends whose there every step of the way; and K-boy, another one of Bobby’s friends whose there for him.

I believe the purpose of the author writing this book is to show the outcome of what could happen when you get pregnant or get a girl pregnant at an early age. We at our age are still children ourselves and it would be hard to imagine raising a child at our age. We may not realize what the responsibilities of having to care for another human being are right now, but they are great. This novel is a simple story of what life would be like caring for a child and the many hardships it could or may take you through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Part Last.