Dione Sage's Reviews > One Day They All Went Home

One Day They All Went Home by Robert    Davies

Oct 14, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, drama
Read from October 10 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

One Day They All Went Home is Robert Davies first novel. As far as first novels go for any author, I thought this was really good. The plot is interesting even if I didn’t agree with a few approaches to certain POV or quite a bit of back in forth with the stories that end up colliding in the end. The story is almost like two different sets of lives, yet kind of the same ones from different time periods that collide in an array of events. At first I thought the book was confusing maybe even a little dull, however I am glad I finished the entire book because I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it towards the end. After I read this book I couldn’t help but think of a De’Jevu (sp?) theory or the theory of past lives and how I read a book once about a man who meets his past life by some cosmic oversight the two accidentally overlap. This is what this book reminded me of. I liked the characters Ryan and ‘Ted’ the most. The female characters did not connect with me on any specific level. But over all I would say it was good. This is a book you can read on a weekend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day They All Went Home.