Brent's Reviews > Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall

Oct 10, 2012

bookshelves: audiobook
Read in October, 2012

The author begins by stating that writing this book began with the simple question, "Why does my foot hurt?" He notes that he had been able to enjoy a variety of athletic experience, extreme sports and otherwise, with minimal pain and injury, yet running seemed to cause his legs to break down. He expresses his frustration and confusion over this and in so doing essentially expressed how I have felt for years about running. It's something I want to do but my body seems to rebel at every turn. Suffice it to say, I was hooked on this book within a few sentences.

The story the author tells is simultaneously fascinating, inspiring, and informative. I came away from this book with a renewed passion for running and the hope of being able to run pain-free for the first time in years. And crazy as it may sound, the information put forward in this book has the potential to be life-changing for not only individuals, but for our entire society. This book isn't just for runners, but for all of us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to Run.