Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Stitch

Stitch by Samantha Durante

Oct 09, 12

WOW! This book was amazing, after reading the extremely intriguing synopsis I jumped at the chance to participate in this blog tour, and I'm so glad I did.
Not only did I love the characters and the setting of this book but the way Durante has the talent to draw you in and to keep you constantly guessing, I lost count of the number of different theories I had about what was going on, and I didn't guess it, Durante is just that good that I sat there gobsmacked when the twist was finally revealed, and it's a huge one!
Alessa is a student at college, since her parents died a year earlier she has closed off from everyone, from being the popular girl at her previous school to being somewhat of a loner at college her only friend is Janie who was new the same day as Alessa, she starts to see the ghost of a boy who keeps reappearing in her room, but only for a few seconds at a time, no one else has seen him and Janie is sceptical about Alessa's story, especially when it starts to impact in a major way in Alessa's studies and general well-being, she becomes obsessed and investigates the history of the sorority house she's in and finds out the tragic story of the ghost Isaac's life.
Alessa has the sense that she knows him but since he died in 1917 she knows that can't be, and then one time he appears he finally notices her and that's when the story starts, I don't want to say anything more because that would ruin the experience for everyone who has yet to read it.
And read it you must, it starts off as a paranormal book then as the story goes on we get dystopian and sci-fi and it all works so well together.
And that teaser for the sequel at the end of the kindle book edition? Well if I hadn't of been sitting in the tea room at work eating lunch I would have shouted out some very unladylike words and chucked a hissy fit!
I'm definitely seeking out a paperback copy to add to my keeper shelf, and I hope that the next book will be released a.s.a.p.
A fantastic start to a brilliant series!
I give this a huge 5/5.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stitch.