Svenja's Reviews > Die Sünde der Brüder

Jan 15, 2009

bookshelves: history
Read in January, 2009

(may contain spoilers)

It's been a while since i last read a Diana Gabaldon book, i followed her 'Outlander' series for a while but got distractes somehow.

I haven't read any other Lord John novel before and just saw this in the store and thought i'd give it a try since i remembered loving Gabaldons writing style a lot.

I enjoyed the book a great deal and read through it in three evenings. The characterisation was wonderful and i loved the historical setting. The mystery about Johns father was interesting though kept me rereading some parts because there where really a lot of characters to keep track of and i don't even remember most of it by now anymore because it was so tangled.
I loved the parts about the more personal site of John in this book. His feelings for his step-brother, the romance, the information we got about homosexuality in that century (distressing to read even if you know about it)... I admit i cried a little at the end.

I am def. looking forward to another 'Lord John' novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die Sünde der Brüder.