Angie's Dreamy Reads's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

Nov 13, 12

Read from October 16 to 17, 2012

5 JACKTASTIC STARS

I absolutely adore the feeling you get when you've found an incredibly fan-f*cking-tastic book. A book that takes you from happy, to thrilled, to anxious, to sad, to gutted, to depressed, to on top of the freaking world. An amazing book to me, is a book that I will remember almost every moment once I've read it. It's a book that devours my heart, soul and mind. It sticks with me and when it ends I want to cry because I'm so attached to each of the characters, that the thought of my journey ending devastates me. That's MY mark, that tells me if a book is an absolute favorite! The Perfect Game by Jenn Sterling hit all of those points and more. I was BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!

Jack f*cking Carter is a bad ass, man whore who never sleeps with the same girl twice until he meets Cassie. He's taken with her the first time he sees her and try's to get her to go on a date with him. Cassie sees him for what he is and knows he's trouble just from looking at him. She really wants nothing to do with him but Jack is persistent and finally wears her down until she agrees to a first date. The love story that continues between them is EPIC and REAL, it gave me butterfly's and made me smile like crazy. Jack had me so completely and utterly in love with him, I couldn't see straight. Being with him is a battle for Cassie though because they both have some serious issues with trust that stem from their childhood. Cassie has daddy issues and Jack has abandonment issues that makes trusting each other hard.

"What does your heart tell you?!""Who cares my hearts dumb! It believes anything," I said, clutching my chest above my left breast. He laughed his eyes glued to my hand. "Fine. What does your head tell you then?" "My head questions everything and believes nothing." "So your head wants proof and your hearts want reassurance."

There's a specific moment in this book that rocked me. I think I stopped breathing, clutched my chest and thought I was going to die!!! I know, I know...lol. I'm being a tad bit melodramatic but I was in physical pain, my chest ached, my heart was shattered and I didn't think I'd be able to recover BUT I did!!!!! I seriously LOVE books that rock me to my core like that....I had an actual "moment" and I will NEVER forget it.

"When I told you I loved you. I meant it. I didn't mean that I'd love you only if it was easy, or only if it was drama-free. I think we both know life isn't like that." ~ Jack Carter

Jenn Sterling left me feeling like I was on a book high at the end of this. I haven't felt this strongly towards a book in awhile and it's such a awesome, refreshing feeling. In all honesty I almost didn't pick this book up but I am so glad that I did. It's a favorite of mine this year and I loved every second of reading it.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT READING IT, MY THOUGHTS ARE...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR. HOT SEXY BAD ASS BOY MEETS GORGEOUS, SWEET AND SASSY GIRL AND YOU HAVE THE COMBINATION FOR THE BEST ANGSY ROMANCE EVER.

P.S ~ I went a little crazy with my status updates while reading! I couldn't help it.

J. Sterlings perfect Jack f*cking Carter...YES PLEASE ;)

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

10/16/2012
16.0% "I'm completely in love with Jack Carter!!!! This book is rocking so far!"
44.0% "Omg!!!! :( Poor Cassie!" 2 comments
10/16/2012
53.0% "I'm so completely and utterly in LOVE with Jack f*cking Carter!!!!!!" 2 comments
10/17/2012
62.0% ""You're my game changer" ~ omg!!!!! I can't take it....this man..ahhhhhh!!!!! Delicious." 2 comments
10/17/2012
70.0% "Do you hear that?!!That's the sound of my heart shattering....I can't read on. I need a minute....lol! I'm crushed, gutted devastated ::::::( The Perfect Game is crushing me. Why Jack?!!!! I'm dying :( **Ok I'm a bit melodramatic but I mean OMG :/**" 4 comments
10/17/2012
72.0% "OMG!!!!!! WTF..... How could he ask her this!!!! What a f*cking douche! I'm so gutted.... :/ Whaaaaaaaaaa :::::::(" 8 comments
10/17/2012
100.0% "I am completely in LOVE with this book! What an amazing ride. I don't want it to end :(" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amanda (.---.--.-...-) The guy on the cover is the same one for Forget You by Jennifer Echols. I guess I've never noticed until recently that some people are professional book cover models.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Yupp.. like the guy from Close Your Eyes by Ellen Wolf and Weekend Agreement by Barbara Wallace

Angie's Dreamy Reads I didn't even notice that Amanda! Hoping this book is good...I can't wait for it.

Amanda (.---.--.-...-) I started noticing it with the guy on the cover of the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. He's on the same cover for one of Shelly Crane's Significance Series. I think it is the same photo but edited different. So, now I seem to notice the same guys on covers.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Wow Angie... I was thinking of reading something else BUT NOW. I may push that back for a minute and start this. Everyone has mixed feelings on this book...
Great review!!!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Alexis wrote: "Wow Angie... I was thinking of reading something else BUT NOW. I may push that back for a minute and start this. Everyone has mixed feelings on this book...
Great review!!!!"

Thank you Alexis <3 I know...I heard mixed reviews too and honestly almost didn't pick it up because of that but I am SO happy I did!!! It was AMAZING. If you like serious angsty romances then I think you'll love this.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Sqquuue!!! LOVE your review! Perfect! I'm just about finished with mine!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Sqquuue!!! LOVE your review! Perfect! I'm just about finished with mine!"

Yipeeeee....Can't wait to read it!!! I'm sure yours is going to be flipping fantastic!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 18, 2012 09:51AM) (new)

Angie's Dreamy Reads Lazy Jeff wrote: "Wow! Angie!! Amazing review! I've never heard about the book. Well, I'm gonna read it :)"

Woohoo!!!! Thanks Daria...I hope you love it as much as I did!!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Great review Angie! I'm still on the fence about this book.. I kinda found out what Jack does and I don't know if I'll "survive" reading it!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Georgia wrote: "Great review Angie! I'm still on the fence about this book.. I kinda found out what Jack does and I don't know if I'll "survive" reading it!!"

It super angsty but I live for "rip your heart out" books. This book is kind of a love it or hate it book...LOL. It's one of my favorite books I have read this year.

message 13: by Karla (new)

Karla Your enthusiasm shines through in your review...wonderful!

Courtney I love this review...You took the words right out of my mouth. :-)

Robin Jacktastic! LOVE IT!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Karla wrote: "Your enthusiasm shines through in your review...wonderful!"

Thank you <3 I loved this book. Sometimes I get a little carried away...lol!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Courtney wrote: "I love this review...You took the words right out of my mouth. :-)"

Thanks girl!!! I love Jack Carter <3

Angie's Dreamy Reads Robin wrote: "Jacktastic! LOVE IT!"

Hehehe! He was so sexy!!! Ahhhhh...I need a reread I think!

Robin He sure was. I think it was on J Sterlings blog or FB page she put a pick up of her idea of Jack. Holy HOTNESS!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Robin wrote: "He sure was. I think it was on J Sterlings blog or FB page she put a pick up of her idea of Jack. Holy HOTNESS!"

I saw it...Omg swoon! He was gorgeous!!! I need more...lol

Katherine Love your review! You just convinced me to read this next :)

message 22: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Great review,Angie!!I'm adding this!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Katherine wrote: "Love your review! You just convinced me to read this next :)"

Thanks girl! Keep me posted when you do! I loved it!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Dd wrote: "Great review,Angie!!I'm adding this!!"

It's SOOOOOO good Dd!!! I hope you love it <3

Natalie SOOO excited to start reading tis now!!! Great review!!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Natalie wrote: "SOOO excited to start reading tis now!!! Great review!!!"

Thanks girl! I have it available to lend if you want to borrow it :)

Natalie YES p l e a s e, you'd make my week!!!

nataliebroweus@gmail.com

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Natalie wrote: "YES p l e a s e, you'd make my week!!!

nataliebroweus@gmail.com

Thank you thank you thank you!!!"

Ok I sent it...squeeeee!! Hope you love it <3

Wanderlust Oh my god will you lend it to me also when you can? (no worries if not)

Also I loved the review :) that guy is hot :)

message 31: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Wanderlust wrote: "Oh my god will you lend it to me also when you can? (no worries if not)

Also I loved the review :) that guy is hot :)"

Yes,that guy is cute+hot!!

message 32: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Angie wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Love your review! You just convinced me to read this next :)"

Thanks girl! Keep me posted when you do! I loved it!"

Sure Angie.:)

Angie's Dreamy Reads Wanderlust wrote: "Oh my god will you lend it to me also when you can? (no worries if not)

Also I loved the review :) that guy is hot :)"

I can only lend it once but I asked a girlfriend and she has it available to lend. Give me your email address <3

Angie's Dreamy Reads Baba wrote: "Fab review, Angie!"

Natalie Thanks thanks angie!!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Natalie wrote: "Thanks thanks angie!!"

Yay! Welcome. I can't wait to see what you think. Prepare for angst!!

Natalie I love aangst!!! I admit that i am an angst junkie, just so long as it has a hea :) i'm starting this n o w and i am so excited!!

message 38: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat well said!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Kat wrote: "well said!"

Thanks Kat <3

Ag_grace You have just convinced me to read this book. Thanks!

Sandy This reviewed has convinced me to read this book!!! I became excited and anxious to read this story!! Thanks for the review!!

Myerz24 Loved your review and the pic of jack. Yeah i agree, i almost dis not read this even if its already in my bookshelf. Had some doubts but in really glad i read this book. I also get that feeling when i come across a great esp if w/o any good expectations.

Aimen *Vampire Bookworm* Great review Angie!! You've convinced me to read this one :) And your Jack, swoooonnnn! Who is he?

Always Addicted Just finished and loved it!! Yes, I am totally broken but that is how I know it was so good. Man, am I gutted.