Heather Felder's Reviews > My Kind of Christmas

My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr

Nov 16, 12

bookshelves: winter-christmas

**My FULL REVIEW here.

I find it rather ironic that I'm not a fan of Christmas, or snow....or winter in general, however I LOVE "Christmas" books. Weird, right? Oh, well. Patrick (Paddy) is in Virgin River staying in one of his brothers' cabins while he is on leave from the Navy after a very traumatic event. He is enjoying peace and solitude (as much solitude as you can get in Virgin River), and has firm plans in his head for what lies ahead for him. That is, until he lays eyes on Angie.

Angie is dealing with the aftermath of her own traumatic, life altering event and her family {namely, her mother} is not helping. She decides to take a break to think things over, so she escapes to visit her Uncle (Jack, the unofficial town mayor, and owner of the local bar), Aunt (Brie) and their families in Virgin River. The last thing she expects is to meet someone who can completely understand what she's going through, or to fall for him hard and fast.

Once again, Robyn lets readers catch up with characters from past books, which I thoroughly enjoy. She also finds a way to make each book FRESH. I don't ever have to skim through these books; there are no "dull" parts. I'll keep reading the Virgin River series as long as Robyn keeps writing them!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Kind of Christmas.