Ellie's Reviews > Givin' Up The Ghost

Givin' Up The Ghost by Gwen Gardner

Sep 24, 14

bookshelves: 2014
Read from April 22 to 27, 2014

From the gorgeous cover to the enthralling plot, I found it difficult to put this book down. Only a work shift was enough to force me to stop reading.

Givin' Up The Ghost is a riveting tale about 16-year-old Indigo Eady, an American who finds herself moving to England to live with her uncle and cousin following her father's murder. Indigo, named after the colour of her eyes, isn't your normal teenager - she can see the dead. She uses that special skill, sometimes reluctantly, along with the help of her cousin Simon, Badger, and a few other friends, to try to solve a local murder mystery.

I loved Indigo as a character, but I also loved the spectral characters inhabiting Indigo's new world. They were haunting, but also at times funny, giving Gardner's book a lighter edge.

My review wouldn't be complete without mentioning that Gardner does any excellent job re-creating the quaint English village Indigo moves to, something I greatly appreciated as an English reader. I highly recommend Givin' Up The Ghost to lovers of paranormal and cozy mystery reads.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Givin' Up The Ghost.

04/22/2014 marked as: currently-reading