Bohica's Reviews > Kiss of Steel

Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster

Oct 13, 12

Read from October 09 to 13, 2012

It's awesome to see someone putting the 'steam' into Steampunk! I was super excited to see that this was the debut book, and first of a new series, from Aussie author Bec McMaster. I'm always happy to see Australian authors getting published - but it's even better when they turn out to be damn good!

McMaster has done some cool things with old paranormal themes and has out a really fresh spin on the good ol' vampire. Actually, she's revamped my favourite fanged beastie. That alone makes for compelling reading, but she's thrown in a very nifty couple in Blade and Honoria and this is an all-round great read.

Steampunky enough for those who want that, hot enough for those who like sexytimes and more than romantic enough to keep you sighing through the pages.

I often hate how action often falls on the blade of pr0n in paranormal romance, but really the story and action develop seamlessly alongside the romantic elements and everything moves forward with excellent pacing.

The only problem you're likely to face with this is the inevitable and crushing anxiety that you'll experience when you realise you may be in for quite a wait until the next book in the series shows up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Steel.