Stacey's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Mar 15, 14

Read from March 10 to 15, 2014, read count: 4

** spoiler alert ** enjoyed for the 3rd time:)

I really enjoyed the first third of this book, then it seemed that I was trudging through the middle. The ending was very good, and it makes me want to jump right into the third book. It is because of the ending that I have given this book a 4 star rating:) It says on the back cover that this book takes place 20 years after Claire initially goes back into time. I was a little disappointed because I wanted the book to pick right up where the 1st book left off. Claire then begins to reminisce, and that takes us back to the story. We know from the opening chapter that Claire comes back to her own time, and that she has had a baby. As I was reading the story as Claire is remembering, I knew that at some time she does go back. I was anxious to know why she went back to her time and that may be why the story was dragging in the middle to me. I kept telling Kevin that this series is such a clever and unique story line. These books are well written and imaginative, and I am anxiously awaiting the third book to be delivered in the mail.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.