Tamara Clark's Reviews > The Ruins of Lace

The Ruins of Lace by Iris Anthony

Oct 24, 2012

liked it
Read from October 15 to 24, 2012

I recieved this book for free on goodreads from a giveaway.

I enjoyed this book, but there were too many different characters and points of view that it too up until half way through the book I could figure them out and then about 3/4 of the way through see how they all intertwined.

I had a very hard time getting through the chapters that were from the dogs point of view. I'm a HUGE animal lover and reading those first few chapters with his point of view while my two four legged babies are cuddled up in bed with me was hard. Very disturbing and disgusting scenes. In the long run I could see how you needed those scenes but I would of preferred a less graphic, vile way to get that across.

In the long run it was a decent historical fiction story. Lots of sadness, anger and a range of emotions. I'm glad I wasn't born in that era because it is hard to read and the images that are portrayed make it hard to image having to live in those times.

The ending! It was bittersweet, definitly not what I was anticipating or expecting. I didn't care for it to much to be honest. I would of preferred a different outcome. There was some sense of closure, yet left so much open.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ruins of Lace.

10/21/2012 page 97
28.0% "Not sure if I'm liking this or not. It's good, but alot of different storylines..."