Naomi's Reviews > Under the Desert Moon

Under the Desert Moon by Emma Meade

Feb 10, 13

Read from December 11 to 12, 2012

Under the Desert Moon wasn’t the normal vampire book that I have read lately, full of action, fighting and blood. It was more a case of a girl meeting a boy who is trying to live a normal life, but he just happens to be a vampire. It was an entertaining read from start to finish as the characters work through their differences to see if they have something worth fighting for.

Erin lives a quiet life; she lives at home with her twin brother Nick, older brother Steve and alcoholic father. She is an art geek who loves photography and plans on getting a scholarship to attend college to pursue her dreams and to get out of her boring town. When a movie crew turns up in the sleepy town, everything changes as the town is buzzing with the new people. Erin decides to get a job on set taking photos behind the scenes.

With the arrival of the movie crew is the mysterious James Linkin. He has been cast as the lead actor in the movie, Kiss of the Vampire. He works only at night and has uncanny brown eyes with flecks of green in them. He has that typical bad boy persona, and is used to girls throwing themselves at him. What is unusual for him is the quiet, beautiful girl who does her best to keep him at arms length.

The relationship between Erin and James is rocky to begin with as Erin is very hostile towards him as she doesn’t think that a gorgeous guy like James could be interested in someone like her. She is a very smart girl and is able to work things out on her own but she also second guesses herself. She is a fun character who is not afraid to say exactly what she means and is able to throw James off guard.

I think that Emma Meade has written an engaging book that I was compelled to read. There a few twists and turns thrown in to keep things interesting such as Zach, Erin’s nosy friend who is also an art geek, her brother Nick who works on set too and a crazy girl from James’ past. I found it amusing at times, intense at others and had it enough swoon moments to keep me wanting more. The characters were all great, but most definitely impulsive teens! I am highly anticipating what will happen in their lives next and to see whether Erin can get away from Copperfield……

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Desert Moon.

12/11/2012