Farah's Reviews > Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer

Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster

1910126
Jan 14, 09

Read in September, 2008

This book is about dieting. Now before you give me an eye roll, this not some book the totes a miracle product or method found by the author. Nor is the story of a woman who lost 200lbs and suddenly fell into the life of her dreams, complete with Jason Statham grape feeding scene. ( Okay so that would be my perfect life). It is a frank, funny, honest, book that follows Jen Lancaster, a sucessful, happily married, and happy with her self, fat woman, who discovers that she desperatly needs to change for health reasons.
She succeds after many failures. Many Many Many failures, hilarious, huge and very realtable failures. That have a hell of a lot more to do with her getting in her own way, more so than sabotage by some jealous antagonist. So (spoilers) she succeeds in becoming healthier, not a size six, and in overcoming an obstacle in her life that help her back form weightloss and handling other things in her life. A great read for anyone wanting to loose weight, or just laugh out loud. Hilarious, earnest, and reflective this propelled me to pick up all of her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Pretty Fat.