Sara's Reviews > Switch

Switch by Carol Snow

Jan 14, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult, 2009, sci-fi-fantasy
Read in January, 2009

3.5 stars. Claire, a teen girl who temporarily finds herself in someone else's body whenever there's an electrical storm, wakes up in someone else's body one night and can't seem to get back into her own. I liked Claire a lot, and I liked her friends (and acquaintances) from the high school - none were perfect or stupid, and all had their flaws, which made them feel real. I liked how Claire discovered Larissa's problems (Larissa being the girl whose body she's stuck in) and how she realized that even though Larissa is physically beautiful, not everything in her life is perfect. Claire's grandmother, a ghost only Claire can see, was entertaining, though this angle wasn't explored nearly as much as it should have been, and so it seemed like an interesting side note, but nothing especially relevant to the story. I also wish there had been a bit more depth to the story; while the story itself was fun and sped by, even the self-discovery part felt like it only brushed the surface of the issues. The ending, too, came awfully quickly and I wish there'd been a lot more; it ends rather ambiguously. But for all my complaints, I did enjoy the book; I just wish I could have enjoyed it more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Switch.