Amanda's Reviews > Lying Season

Lying Season by Karina Halle

Nov 14, 12

bookshelves: on-kindle, read-in-2012
Read from November 13 to 14, 2012

Kelly first introduced me to this series and I am so glad that I have continued on. Each book in the series continues to get better as Perry’s world expands and unfolds. And yes, as soon as I finish this review, I have every intention of diving right back into this world to see what happens next.

*blinks at you* Oh my glob! Though I still have my issues with Perry’s narration, THIS BOOK is what I needed, I think, to find some footing with Perry and Dex’s relationship. Seriously. It’s making me swear and flail and contemplate writing this review as fast as possible so I can pick up On Demon Wings VERY SOON. The drama and angst and HOLY SHIT, DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? in this book was crazy. And I liked that. I felt like we were finally getting somewhere. Even though the ending...(O)_(O)

I almost feel like the horror aspect of this book took a bit of a back seat to Dex and Perry (not necessarily a bad thing). But, again, there are developments here: rivals! ghosts from the past! (Errr…from our characters’ pasts. Ghosts are generally from the past, eh?) And both of those things leave the door open for BIG THINGS. The latter of the developments, specifically, was left unresolved. I hope that the ghosts (and subsequent revelations) will come to light in the next book(s). The potential here is HUGE. And I really like that. I like it a lot. I want to see MOAR things happening in Perry’s world and I want to see the implications of those things in her life.

On a character note, I was glad to see that Perry is finally starting (maybe, a little) to come into her own and accept herself. She has been so very hard on herself in previous books and I waffle between understanding and wanting to shake her a little. And the Shownet cast! I really enjoyed meeting them and the little soap opera they bring to the table. They were a lot of fun. I hope I get to see more of them in the next books (and in Perry’s life).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lying Season.

dateDown_arrow    newest »