Jared's Reviews > Ender in Exile

Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card

Jan 14, 2009

liked it
Recommended for: People who love Ender's Game and need more detail.
Read in December, 2008 , read count: 1

A straight sequel to Ender's Game?! Is it possible that OSC has answered our prayers for more Andrew? More Ender? More Valentine to push our little hearts around with their little strings of science fiction goodness?

Well... no it isn't technically a direct sequel. All the events of this book (for the most part) happen in Ender's Game in the last few chapters.

Yes we have plenty or Ender in this game to pull your love strings and such but he stands as such that doesn't have the same mannerisms that he did before. He is so much more apposed to people possibly being friendly to him then we was while in battle school with his jeesh.

Valentine felt so separated from the story that she almost didn't seem necessary. Actually, scratch that, she was DEFINITELY necessary but the only problem was there wasn't enough of her. We needed her to more upfront in the story then in the backstage writing her book and never talking to anybody (not without lack of trying, Ender just wouldn't have it).

Of course, I believe this was of OSC's intention. Ender is still the way he always has been in that front, closed off to letting people in his emotions, but again even more so then before.

Loved getting to know more of the details that were left wide open in the last few chapters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender in Exile.