Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by Susannah Sandlin

Oct 26, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from October 08 to 11, 2012

I really loved Mirren in the first book of the Penton Legacy, Redemption, so I was excited to see that the second book was going to be all about the tall, dark and mysterious vamp.

A book all about The Slayer? His past, his secrets, everything? Bring it on. I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to uncover all those deep dark secrets and see what made this bad boy turned good tick.

I knew this book was going to be good but I had no idea it was going to be this good. I seriously loved it!

Glory was so perfect for Mirren. I adored her in all her stubborn feisty and sometimes foolish ways. She was exactly what he needed and I had to love her for that alone, let alone all her other traits that I loved too.

And I was so right about Mirren, the big teddy bear. I knew his story was going to be a good one. I knew he was damaged but of course, I didn't know how damaged he was.

I think after reading this one, I love him even more. He is definitely the ultimate bad boy with a heart of gold I love reading about.

I so love that we got all of my favorites from the first book too. Mark and Melissa, Aidan and Kyrs and Will and Hannah and even a couple of new faces as well.

I loved watching Mirren's relationship with his friends and the people of Penton. I had to giggle every time he called Aidan a pigheaded Irish farmer. It was so much fun seeing him open him self up a little more as each chapter went and really becoming the man that he wanted to be. I felt sort of proud for him and his growth.

There were so sad moments in this one, much like the first, where a loved character didn't make it. I won't give anything away but I will say that their death about broke my heart. I truly want to see Matthias get what is due him.

And can I talk about Will? I know there is a great story there as well and I really hope the next book is about him and a certain firey vamp that I will not name. I would love to see that happen.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.

10/10/2012 page 150