Rea Sinfield's Reviews > Christmas at the Cupcake Café

Christmas at the Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan

Oct 24, 12

Read from October 09 to 11, 2012

My favourite book of 2011 was easily Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. The storyline left you all warm and fuzzy inside and the characters seemed to play on your mind for weeks after finishing the book so imagine my delight when sorting out our Christmas book when I am told Jenny Colgan is releasing a Christmas book and not just any Christmas book but back with our characters who we know and love!

Issy Randall, proud owner of The Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Caroline don't seem quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forced to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increased demand for her delectable creations - begins to take its toll, Issy has to decide what she holds most dear. This December, Issy will have to rely on all her reserves of courage, good nature and cinnamon, to make sure everyone has a merry Christmas, one way or another . . .

This is the first sequel Jenny Colgan has released and what a hit this is going to be. Meeting back with all of our favourite characters it doesn't take long to fall into step with their lives a year on. Even if you didn't get to read the authors previous book you will still be able to read this as a standalone book as at the beginning of the book the author gives us a brief summary of the first book so don’t hesitate and pick this one up ( and the first one whilst you are at it ;-)

This book is oozing with festivity with decorations, present buying and wrapping and that lovely Christmas dinner for all to enjoy this will definitely get you in the Christmas spirit. The storyline focuses more on the characters lives and relationships now rather than the cafe but don’t threat we are still treated to many mouth watering recipes throughout the book! I loved that the book was a mystery right the way through never quite knowing how things will pan out.

I was hoping for a different ending for Pearl but that is just me being a hopeless romantic. I do wonder if this is the last we will see of these characters I personally feel as though there are still a few things not tied up so I am hoping that we may have a book 3 looming!

The cover of this book is beautiful and festive with its wintery blue colour theme which seems to be very popular this year and has an added touch of Christmas objects around the border but yet the book still has the signature Jenny Colgan look to it.

Looking for something warm and cosy to wrap up and read this Christmas then Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe is the book for you.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas at the Cupcake Café.

10/09/2012 page 40
16.0% "Merry Christmas !!!!" 4 comments

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Just reserved from my library :)