Julie Flanders's Reviews > Givin' Up The Ghost

Givin' Up The Ghost by Gwen Gardner

Jan 22, 13

Read from January 14 to 18, 2013

I love ghost stories, so the title of this book caught my attention from the start. I expected to like it, and definitely wasn't disappointed.

Indigo Eady is a funny and engaging main character, and I was hooked on her story from the beginning. Indigo is an American teenager who has moved to the UK to live with her uncle and cousin following the death of her father. As someone who is blessed/cursed with the ability to see and interact with ghosts who have not yet left this plain, Indigo quickly learns that her new home is filled with spirits of all kinds, some funny, some downright terrifying.

Indigo and her friends find themselves involved in a murder mystery, and they are an appealing team of amateur sleuths. Using Indigo's unusual paranormal abilities, the team is able to learn things about the murder that the police don't know, and they all find themselves in danger as the mystery deepens. Gardner does a great job of building the mystery and suspense while never losing the humor that makes the story a delight to read.

I am glad to have discovered Indigo Eady and look forward to reading more of her adventures!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Givin' Up The Ghost.