Julie's Reviews > The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton

The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton by Miranda Neville

Dec 31, 12

bookshelves: kindle
Read from December 02 to 12, 2012

I bought this book because it was on sale for next to nothing on kindle and I thought I'd give it a try, even though it is the 3rd book in The Burgundy Club series, of which I haven't read yet the first two. This can easily be read as a standalone, though I surmise we do re-visit characters from the previous books. This historical wasn't bad, but some areas were a bit disjointed and hard to follow. It's a convoluted plotline, but overall funny. A sweet road trip story involving plain Celia Seaton, a nobody who is paired up with haughty London dandy, Tarquin Compton who has amnesia after being knocked on the head by someone who is trying to kidnap her. She is no fan of his, and takes full advantage of the fact he has amnesia and makes up a doozy of a story telling him she is his fiancee and he is a vicar! Despite his amnesia, he finds this scenario hard to swallow, yet they stick it out together, wandering around the English countryside and evading the cutthroats who are after her. You see, someone is trying to kidnap her. Their travails are compounded when they spend the night - an amorous night - together in a barn and he regains his memory at a very awkward moment! His honor compels him to propose marriage, but Celia does not want to marry under such forced circumstances, even though she is falling in love with his amnesia persona. Much happens and it all ends happily, but it did take me a long time to finish this book. I'm not sure if I'll bother to read the other books in the series or not.

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton.