Fani's Reviews > Sin and Sensibility

Sin and Sensibility by Suzanne Enoch

Dec 19, 14

bookshelves: romance-historical, dnf, friends-to-lovers, heroine-is-ditzy, cheesy, paperbacks-read, suspension-of-disbelief-required, 2010-read
Read from May 10 to September 21, 2010

My review / What I learned from this book:

What I learned from this book is that I dislike books where the heroine gets herself in a multitude of silly scrapes with no serious reason and the hero has to save her from them and herself.

In this particular book I empathized with her family who kept asking the heroine why she made her "revolution", what she hoped to accomplish with it and what exactly her "revolution" consisted of besides a new wardrobe and making her brothers sick with worry. By the middle of the book, she couldn't answer any of those questions (her default answer is that she wants an "adventure" before she settles in a boring wedding) and thus I found no logical reason as to why I should keep on reading this book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin and Sensibility.

05/10/2010 page 56
15.3% "Oh no, this seems to be a huge loser with me. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. Heroine does one ridiculous thing after another:(" 2 comments
05/11/2010 page 108
29.51% "Pleeeease get better!!!"
05/12/2010 page 158
43.17% "The heroine wants to live an adventure but she doesn't know what exactly to do yet, so she settled for provocative clothes for now:("