Monie's Reviews > The Accidental Werewolf

The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy

Jan 18, 09

Read in January, 2009

Late one night Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics rep, Marty Andrews, is bit on the hand by what she thinks is a huge scruffy looking dog. A few days later she learns the truth... that was no dog. It was Keegan Flaherty in his were form and now Marty is a werewolf, too.

In order to make the transition a little smoother for Marty, Keegan tries to convince her to stay with him and the rest of the pack but Marty stubbornly refuses to believe him. Then she gets knocked out and kidnapped and after escaping from the kidnappers Marty has no choice but to follow Keegan home while they try to figure out who is out to get her.

Marty quickly learns Keegan is the head of the rival Pack Cosmetics and after sparks start to fly between them she also learns that Keegan is destined by the Lunar Council to mate with the skinny but beautiful Alana. Things just keep going down hill from there when she discovers who is behind the plan to get rid of her permanently.

The book had a very slow start but I so love reading these "lighter" paranormals that I gave it a chance and kept reading. Once Marty finally accepted that she was a werewolf the story picked up and the rest of it was good enough to make up for the so-so beginning.

There's a little bit of humor, a little bit of suspense and a little bit of a hot romance that all come together in the end and I'm definitely going to give book two in the series a try. Hopefully Cassidy will pick up the pace and get to the meat of the story a little quicker. I recommend this one for fans of light paranormals like MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Werewolf.