Ryan's Reviews > The Body Artist

The Body Artist by Don DeLillo

M 50x66
Jan 13, 09

Recommended for: good lit fans
Read in January, 2009

I've long been wanting to read some DeLillo, and I was fairly well impressed. I was kinda cheap and bought the shortest one. Not just because of that, but also because it claimed to deal with concepts of time, which I am pretty interested in these days. And buying the shortest one backfired because I am definitely going to have to reread it, and soon, to try to understand it better. I see though already that his writing is strong and interesting, his eye for detail and expression in the mundane is fantastic. And, his dialogue, in its naturalistic staccato was awesome. I'd love to read an entire book of just his description of the mundane and realistic dialogue, that would be fantastic. In all, i definitely recommend the novel, especially beause it lived up to expectation that it would express some insight or idea on the nature of time. I'm not sure WHAT it was expressing, but there was obviously something there, and I can't wait to figure out a little what it is!:-) I will definitely take the time to read this one again (which is very rare for me.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Artist.