Patty's Reviews > The Wind in the Willows

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

1020899
Contrary to Thomas Wolfe, there are ways you can go home again. For me, one way seems to be books. I have only recently become a re-reader and part of the reason is that I can visit old friends. Re-reading The Wind in the Willows was not exactly visiting my old home, but I am very glad to meet up again with Ratty, Mole, Badger and Mr. Toad.

I was curious how much of this tale I remembered. I had been to Toad Hall on my own and with my children, but both trips were long ago. I had a pleasant five hours driving my own automobile and listening to the antics of Ratty, Mole and the others. I remembered Mr Toad's obsession with motor vehicles, but not the jailer's daughter. The weasels and stoats were familiar, but not the end of their part of the story.

I can't imagine that there are any readers who have not met these animals. If you haven't this book is for you. You can't miss Grahame's wonderful story. I also recommend an audio version to reluctant readers - it will help with the unfamiliar words. Lastly I recommend this novel to children and their parents to read together.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind in the Willows.