Naomi's Reviews > Veer

Veer by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Jan 07, 13

Read on December 09, 2012

Veer is the second book in the Clayton Falls Series and it is the only book that I have read in the series, which I found easy to read as a standalone. It was an emotional contemporary romance where both characters need to deal with their insecurities so that they can move on and improve their lives.

Becca’s car broke down on the side of the road as she is heading to Clayton Falls to spend time with her friend Molly and to start a summer job at a law firm until college begins again. Gavin stops to offer his assistance and tries to talk Becca into accepting a lift to her friend’s house. Becca is a bit reluctant at first, but decides to take the chance and accept his help. While they are travelling to Molly’s, the sparks begin to fly, but not in a good way. They end up having an argument over the smallest thing! It is amusing to watch them bicker and I was laughing out loud about their fight! They seem to have that love/hate relationship happening as there are other times that they argue as well, much to the dismay of their friends. It was great to see that this romance was not love at first sight and that they had a few things to work out before they could even think about having a relationship.

I didn't really like Gavin in the beginning as he was a real jerk! He was picking fights with Becca for no good reason and did something terrible to her too. The one thing I wished that did happen was Jake's fist landing on his face! He needed the sense knocked out of him, but it didn't connect. He improved after this and became the perfect gentleman and did lots of things that made me go awww..... He stepped up and pushed away his fears to become the person he should be.

Becca has had a lot to deal with in the past few months and luck is not on her side. She has a beautiful soul and a big heart. She accepted the job in Clayton Falls so she could get away from her life in Boston for a while, but she finds it a little overwhelming in Clayton Falls as everyone is overly friendly toward her. She doesn't understand the people in this small town, but is able to push her feelings aside to do the best she can.

Overall I really did enjoy the story it was a bit of a rocky journey but it was nice in the end. Alyssa did a beautiful job at telling both Becca and Gavin's story and I'm glad things ended the way they did. I will have to go back and read the first book in the series which is Molly’s book because I think Gavin is in that one too. It would be interesting to see what he was like with her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veer.

12/08/2012 page 74