Limonessa's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: 3-neurons-involved, adult-fiction, ebook, hot-musicians, new-adult, with-smut
Read on October 10, 2012

Oh. Oh, my.
This the single most outrageous book I have ever read in my life.
Haters of Twilight, 50 Shades, Beautiful Disaster... you have read nothing yet!

This is the epitome of everything that is rotten, unhealthy.... and just intrinsecally wrong in a romantic relationship.
This book takes the concept of Too Stupid To Live to a whole new level. I really don't think I've felt so strongly about a literary character EVER in my life. Loathe doesn't even cover it. I wanted to murder the book. Kiera is the most idiotic, selfish, undeserving, lying bitch in the whole world. Actually: Kiera, the only thing you deserve is to die, really.
I cringed so many times. I would think, "no, she is not possibly going to say or do thaaaat" ... and then she would!
If you want to know EXACTLY what never to do in a relationship, read this little 1000 page tome. It wasn't a 1000 pages? Really? 'Cause it felt like it. The story was over by the time I was 20% in. Then it only draaaagged and dragged. But I was good: I skimmed right through the end!

I don't wish this book on my worst enemy.
345 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.

Caroline hahaha Thoughtless brings the worst of the readers. Effortless is better, unless you didn't like Beautiful Disaster, so it will not be...

Limonessa Caroline wrote: "hahaha Thoughtless brings the worst of the readers. Effortless is better, unless you didn't like Beautiful Disaster, so it will not be..."

I didn't like Beautiful Disaster... those two - forgot their names now - were freaking insane. Is Effortless as long as Thoughtless?

message 3: by Caroline (last edited Oct 10, 2012 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caroline Lisa O. wrote: "Caroline wrote: "hahaha Thoughtless brings the worst of the readers. Effortless is better, unless you didn't like Beautiful Disaster, so it will not be..."

I didn't like Beautiful Disaster... thos..."

Abby and Travis hahahaha Um, it have 510 pages, so guess it is, but I liked Effortless. As you didn't like BD you probably shouldn't try Effortless. Kiera grew a lot since the first book, the story haven't cheating anymore, but look a lot like BD this time...

Limonessa Caroline wrote: "Lisa O. wrote: "Caroline wrote: "hahaha Thoughtless brings the worst of the readers. Effortless is better, unless you didn't like Beautiful Disaster, so it will not be..."

I didn't like Beautiful ..."

Well, thanks for the heads up. Should I decide I want to read something along those lines... ;D

Caroline Oh, no problem ^-^ I really liked Effortless, Kellan was so cute there <3 As a non-asked-advice: You should give it a try... OOOOOOH, ANNA AND GRIFFIN ON THE END WORTH A LOT THE READING. Unless you didn't liked Griffin, it is.

Limonessa Caroline wrote: "Oh, no problem ^-^ I really liked Effortless, Kellan was so cute there <3 As a non-asked-advice: You should give it a try... OOOOOOH, ANNA AND GRIFFIN ON THE END WORTH A LOT THE READING. Unless you..."

Griffin wasn't bad at all. Kiera was my problem. Thanks.

message 7: by Jasmeen (new) - added it

Jasmeen I've had this on my tbr list so ages now, but I've been hesitant to pick it up. As someone who despises the three series mentioned at the top, I think I should just stay clear of this.

Limonessa Jasmeen wrote: "I've had this on my tbr list so ages now, but I've been hesitant to pick it up. As someone who despises the three series mentioned at the top, I think I should just stay clear of this."

If you tell me you despise the above mentioned, then.... yes, I strongly agree with you!

Emily Simmerock Is anyone else morbidly concerned for the fans of books like these? Newsflash, abusive, controlling relationships ARE NOT SEXY! They are SCARY!

message 10: by Nancy (new) - rated it 1 star

Nancy So very much agree. I just wrote a review for this one star book. Why did I finish it? I just don't know.

Hafsa Jeez. Awful book. I can't leave a book in the middle that's why I had to finish it off. And I hated every moment of it.

Beautiful Diaster is much better than this...book.

message 12: by Tina (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tina Lewis Even though Beautiful Disaster was a train wreck all by itself, Travis and Abby weren't in a love triangle with some poor, apparently blind, third party. I really felt for Denny, but he should have trusted his gut from the beginning. The only thing that kept me going in this book was the hope Keira would be put in her place and sadly, that only halfway happened. She's everything I hate about some girls...whinny, pathetic, WEAK and so freaking helpless. If she couldn't keep her legs closed for a month while Denny was gone, they had no hope from the beginning. Not to mention the book was entirely too long. I skimmed the rest of the way just passed the halfway point so I could hit the conversations. By the end, I could repeat verbatim their coffee routine. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one with strong, deadly thoughts towards a fictional character.

Leanne Hills Boring, corney, stupid, waste of time- just some of the words I use to describe this truly terrible book. I totally agree with you.

Tecoya Brantley-Williams I can't wait for this book to be over...

Chelsea I'm at 46% and dying. I can't not finish a book, but I really feel like this is slowly killing me. It's the same crap over and over. I can't even get started on how much I hate Keira...

message 16: by Tina (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tina Lewis Chelsea wrote: "I'm at 46% and dying. I can't not finish a book, but I really feel like this is slowly killing me. It's the same crap over and over. I can't even get started on how much I hate Keira..."

I was the same way. Usually if I hate a book, I can't keep going, but this book held me. Mostly because I wanted to "be there" when everything fell apart for Keira.

Brenda I am so glad I'm not alone in this. I am halfway through this book and don't really wanna finish it but i paid 3.99 (it was on sale) hoping to get my money's worth... Anyway, I have never hated a main character as much as I've hated Kiera! What i hated the most was after she had sex with Kellan the 2nd time she panicked and immediately walked out on him after she got what she wanted. Wow! Ugh such a slut! Kellan deserves better.

message 18: by Zari (new) - rated it 1 star

Zari Pierre The whole fact that she dropped her college, family, everything to follow this guy across the state because she couldn't wait to graduate was just sad. I mean he's an intern making next to nothing and she had no job lined up and worse, the fact that they were glad their room had a bed and furniture meant that they expected to have nothing when they got there. No planning or anything. So you would think after risking all that to go with Denny that she could handle two months without him. Sleeping with one on one day and the other one the next...this girl takes slut to another level because she feels entitled to more. If she knew Denny would never find out, she'd have never chosen anyone and that pissed me off the most.

message 19: by Ilinca (new)

Ilinca Marcu Damn Fucking Straight !!!! How many times i began to read this book? 5. How many times i finished it? Not Once! It's just stupidly irritating book!

Maine "The fact that there's a sequel to this, after all the pain and heartache and plain bad writing, and the fact that Kiera is, in fact, still alive, terrifies me to no end. Kellan, rock god, run away while you can!!!"
THIS IS SO DAMN TRUE. XDDD

message 21: by Caroline (last edited May 02, 2013 10:00AM) (new)

Caroline AHAHAHAHAHA OMG!!! I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!!! sorry if I find it amusing but it's REALLY AWESOME!!! hahaha Thank You, why? because now I know that I SHOULD NEVER PICK/READ THIS BOOK(even the sequel) LIKE EVER. lol :D :D ;).....I just can't imagine how horrible this book is. lol

message 22: by Ilinca (new)

Ilinca Marcu it's not that it's horrible, it's mostly boring (like ultra-boring)

Maine IT'S NOT BORING. IT'S MOSTLY ANNOYING AND IRRITATING.

Ginette There was way too much of the same lame crap sayings written over and over again!! She does not deserve Kellan the hussy!! FRICK I hate her!! Thanks god she is not real or I would have to find her myself and give her the slap she deserves!!

message 25: by Nancy (new) - rated it 1 star

Nancy I have to disagree with you on one major point. Kellen, rock god was only slightly better than Kiera. Sure, he can run away but I wish him only a different kind of crazy

Limonessa Nancy wrote: "I have to disagree with you on one major point. Kellen, rock god was only slightly better than Kiera. Sure, he can run away but I wish him only a different kind of crazy"

You might have a point there but I cut him some slack because he's hot AND a musician ;)

Jeanne Lol...I will NEVER understand the good reviews for this book. Too stupid to live is a perfect description:)

message 28: by Sara (new)

Sara Hemenway Thank you for this. Saw a lot of people recommending it, but once I read "Haters of Twilight, 50 Shades, Beautiful Disaster... you have read nothing yet!" I knew this wasn't for me!!!

message 29: by Katee (new) - rated it 1 star

Katee I totally agree with you!! Just a heads up... never read Avoiding Commitment! Same story line, sluttier girl. Bleh! Everyone gives that book high reviews too

Rebecca Crane I hate books with cheating and weak, indecisive females... So, therefore, I'm with you. Terrible book. If Keira collected all the tears she cried during this book she could fill a swimming pool! I felt like all she did was cry and cheat.

message 31: by Julie (new) - rated it 1 star

Julie My husband and I are laughing at loud at this right now. I have read @ 20 pages and already can't stand this girl. I don't think I will be continuing on.

message 32: by Sabina (new)

Sabina A book can be worse than Beautiful Disaster? Is that even possible?

message 33: by Fleur (new) - added it

Fleur this book is definitely not recommended for people with vicarious shame.... I was cringing so badly at times I had to put my ebook down to mentally recover for a few minutes.

message 34: by Preethi (new)

Preethi Oh My! That worse? Then I'm not going anywhere near this one.

message 35: by JD (new)

JD Switz I haven't read this, but I liked your review anyway. Seems the author's title, "Thoughtless" worked out perfectly. If weren't for the length of this story, I might've considered giving this a chance.

Noor = BookreadingFiend♥ I have to say that i skimmed through this book, and considered not finishing it. Really bad! Kiera is right there with Anita Blake and Scarlett (Book boyfriend series) as worst female protagonist ever!

Limonessa Noor = Get it while you can♥BookreadingFiend wrote: "I have to say that i skimmed through this book, and considered not finishing it. Really bad! Kiera is right there with Anita Blake and Scarlett (Book boyfriend series) as worst female protagonist e..."

Should have titled it Brainless instead of Thoughtless...

message 38: by Ria (new)

Ria Louise Your review and comments remind me of one the one of the worst protagonists I've read in a book. Pagan from Existence. I love Ms. Glines, but that booked sucked. For me anyway.

Noor = BookreadingFiend♥ Lisa O. wrote: "Noor = Get it while you can♥BookreadingFiend wrote: "I have to say that i skimmed through this book, and considered not finishing it. Really bad! Kiera is right there with Anita Blake and Scarlett ..."

Hahahaha exactly!

Like:

Thoughtless => Brainless
Effortless => Conscienceless
Reckless => Hopeless

Limonessa Ria wrote: "Your review and comments remind me of one the one of the worst protagonists I've read in a book. Pagan from Existence. I love Ms. Glines, but that booked sucked. For me anyway."

Ria, about Glines, I tried her once with the Vincent Boys and did NOT like it. I've seen though that she's hugely popular. What would you recommend to see if I change my mind?

message 41: by Ria (new)

Ria Louise Lisa O. wrote: "Ria wrote: "Your review and comments remind me of one the one of the worst protagonists I've read in a book. Pagan from Existence. I love Ms. Glines, but that booked sucked. For me anyway."

Ria, a..."

Fallen Too Far. But you have to quickly follow this with Never Too Far or you'll be left hanging. :D It's good if you're into a bit of heavy drama + love story. Expect also a wee bit of annoying behavior, but you'll get over it. :)

message 42: by Tan (new) - rated it 1 star

Tan You read my mind... I fail to understand how anyone can like either of the characters.

message 43: by Beba (new) - rated it 1 star

Beba Love Beba Love I just finished the book last night and I had to make an account just so I could express my anger!!!!!

1- I disliked both Kiera & Kellan

2- Kiera is the most selfish class -A WHORE!!

3- Kellan was a backstabbing Winey little BITCH!

4- Denny was gone and for some one who was so "hurt" it didn't take you long to be on Kellans ass!

5- 1 little disappointment and you went and fucked his best friend... That could of been a drunken mistake, but the 2nd time around you knew what you were doing, you are a WHORE, own it!!

6- DENNY DROPPED EVERYTHING FOR HER!! Guess how that payed off?!?! Ughhhh

7- FUCKING BOTH IN ONE DAY?!?! Who the fuck does that!!!!.

8- Denny made Kellan promise he wouldn't go near her- HA!

9- I couldn't stand listening to her REPETITIVE USELESS THOUGHTS!!

10- I would of loved if Denny had just killed both and got off the hook and not go to jail because he had killed two useless, worthless h-beings!

11- Denny loved her so much and the way they both hurt him will NEVER be good in my book!!!

12- I can Vent all day but this would all be WORTHLESS just like the book!!

13- lastly, I believe WORTHLESS WOULD BE A GREAT NAME FOR A 4th BOOK!

Karine Belair Lisa, I agree sooooooooooo much with your review. Wow! That's it, you said it all.

message 45: by Vivi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vivi An too stupid to live ... haha yeah that thought crossed my mind too and I'm at 17% of the book ... guess I will power through

message 46: by Jason (new) - rated it 1 star

Jason I'm going my way through the T10 authors with a book on the "Best Book Boyfriends" list and am horrified at what kind of relationships thousands of Goodreads readers want. This is indeed quite possibly worse than Disaster/Shades (and Slammed, Crossfire, Divergent). I only have Abbi Glines left to go...I'll put it off till next month when she has a new book out. I would hope she can't possibly be worse than this.

message 47: by Carm (new) - rated it 1 star

Carm Carm Just finished the book... yes, even as much as Kiera & Kellan pissed me off, I couldn't help but finish the damn book, ugh!!!!!! They both annoyed me so much that I wish I could magically get inside the book & slap them both senseless!!!! Lol. I agree w/ everyone who disliked the book so much. However, I wonder if the author wrote the series to intentionally frustrate & annoy us readers? Ha! Well, she succeeded! Lol(less)