T-bird's Reviews > Animal Farm

Jan 28, 09

bookshelves: classics, school, reviewed
Read in November, 2007

Animal Farm Book Report

The book Animal Farm by George Orwell is set on an imaginary farm in England. The main charters are Napoleon, Farmer Jones, Snowball, and Boxer. The story is about a group of animals who struggle to get their freedom from humans. Once they get it, they struggle to survive and slowly relies that this is not what they wanted.

This book represents the Russian revolution. It uses the form of an allegory, which is when an author uses symbols to represent important issues in society. Russians were maltreated and therefore revolted against the Czar. They were lured by promises of wealth and power but never got it. The government became a totalitarian oppressive one.

I greatly enjoyed this book. I loved George Orwell’s use of an allegory to symbolize the Russian Revolution of 1917. Being the son of Jewish Emigrants from Russia, I was very happy to know that so early on somebody understood the reality and did not accept Squealer’s propaganda. Plot 5 stars, Language 4.0, Excitement 4.0, Execution very good, overall 4.5 I recommend this book to people looking for an interesting history book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Farm.