Darby's Reviews > Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy

Domino by Deborah Needleman

Jan 23, 09

bookshelves: 2009, home-life, informative, inspirational, read-again, 2010, favorites
Read in January, 2009

I had only picked up the magazine a few times when it was out (they are no longer publishing it or publish it now on a very limited basis), but always enjoyed it.

The book is beautifully put together. The format is interesting going room by room, examining what is important in each individual space. It is packed with great photos along with some basic design ideas, tips and suggestions that are helpful no matter what your taste. They illustrate many of the ideas using Domino staffer's homes so not all of the sources are listed which can get frustrating at times if you really want to do a room closely to the example. But it does force you to look through your own home and about to find a look that will not copy but fit your own style. And because of that this book is all about the photos to help you get the creative juices flowing when wanting to redecorate so it is a great place to start gathering your thoughts.

The cons of this book: as I said before not all the resources are listed. The room styles are trendy so probably won't be of use later, but at the same time they are eclectic and some of that style can carry over and the tips won't ever go out of style so will be useful no matter what.

I want this book. I checked it out from the library and renewed it 3 times (the limit). And then several months later checked it out again and renewed it 3 times again. It is eye candy and I never tired of flipping through it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Domino.