Joanna's Reviews > Dead Beat

Dead Beat by Jim Butcher

Jan 15, 09

bookshelves: scifi-fantasy, supernatural
Read in January, 2009

These books get better and better, I absolutely loved this one. Fantastical romp with a serious side.

I loved all the supporting characters. Ridiculous and tempting and comical and mysterious--love to all!

I loved the bigger and bigger baddies---HOW does he do that? Usually when somebody faces their biggest enemy ever in a series, and then goes on to face someone even bigger, and then another bigger still, I start to scoff. Not with Harry. Oh, his evil godmother, oooh. Oh, a powerful and well connected modster, ooh. Oh, A queen of the Faeries, ooh. Oh, A Queen of the faeries, OH QUEEN MAB of the winter court of the faeries, ooh. And now here we go again. Bigger, badder, and yet.... I don't mind. At all.

Loved the zombies.

I am a little tired of Harry trying so hard not to tell his friends and allies about things. I like how that conflict is being addressed, clearly he's progressing, but I'm a little tired of it.

I wish he wouldn't give his "I'm a male chauvinist" speech in every single book. We get it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Beat.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Latharia *grin* My sweetie & I were just mentioning the other night how memorable & enjoyable this book is! I hope you like it as much as we did!

Joanna Loving it so far! (I'm only 9 pages in)