Cecilia (rather barefoot than bookless)'s Reviews > The Violet Fox

The Violet Fox by Clare C. Marshall

Oct 19, 12

Read from October 06 to 12, 2012

When I first started to read this book, I have to be honest with you, I wasn't all that excited. The cover is not a favorite. However this is a perfect example of how stupid it can be to judge a book by it's cover. And if I am to be honest, I do. Very often I do. This book was amazing, great read and I am happy I said yes to this review because I was hooked after the first chapter.
It was well written and fun. Marshall was great at describing her world and it was easy to visualise it with the large underground caves and the beautiful castle above ground.

The main character of this book is a very strong female, maybe a little to strong or rather a bit to full of herself. She really believed in herself, so much that I was a bit annoyed with her at the beginning of this story. But she will be a tiny bit more humble as the story goes and she falls for the one person she should not. I love when you read a book and the author throws in things in the story you do not expect and that happens a few times in The violet fox and I love that. It gives you surprises and keep you on your toes.

The only thing I have that could possibly bring this book down a tiny bit is that I felt like to much happened in the end. I felt like the book didn´t have to have such a clean ending when there will be more books in this series. A cliff-hanger would have been great here but other than that this is a great read with lots of humour, love, excitement. And where our heroine has identity crisis and loyalty issues to deal with on almost a daily basis.

I can´t wait for the next book in this series and what will happen to our very brave heroine then?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Violet Fox.