Vashti's Reviews > The Unwanted Wife

The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders

Oct 06, 12

Read in October, 2012

I really enjoyed this book by first time author Natasha Anders.It had an HP vibe with the tropes used and the story just sucked me in from the very first page to the very last page.
I really wanted to dislike the hero Sandro for his appparant callous treatment of the heroine,Theresa,but as the book went on,I saw that he had feelings for the heroine,just by the deeds that he did.
What really woke him up was on the very first page,right after they had sex,she told him that she wanted a divorce from him.That woke him up really fast and from that point on,he saw her in a diffrent light.They say you always miss what you throw away,and in his case,proved correct.
This book was about Theresa saying she will not put up with her husband's callous treatment of her and moving on with her life without him.I enjoyed the grovel moments and the heroine turning the tables on the hero.He really had to work at getting her to trust and love him again.
I am looking forward to the next book from this author.Highly rec this book.4.5 ***** read for me.

10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwanted Wife.

message 1: by Dee (last edited Oct 07, 2012 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Nice review! - Yet another glowing review from the ladies who normally read Harlequins....I am definitely gonna have to grab me a copy and read it especially as it is full of angst!

Leona Great review Vashti!

Vashti Thanks Dee and Leona.Yes for the harley lovers,this is a really good book.I read diff romance genres as you both know and some of the more established authors have barely kept my intrest,but this book hooked me from the first page.
She was rejected by the publishers at harlequin apparantely,but their loss is our gain lol.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you both decide to reread it.And you know me,lol,I love angst!!!

Leona This was incredible ...had me up all night reading it. I can't understand why harley rejected her, because it is really very well done. Doesn't fall into the typical HP tropes..but then again, maybe that was why? I truly loved it!

Vashti Glad that you enjoyed it Leona.I think that she took the typical harley tropes and put a very different spin to them which was fantastic.Like you,had me reading till the end and I immediately wanted another book by her.I read that her other book will be due out some time Nov/Dec.

Leona I can't wait for it!

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee As you say it's Harlequin's loss....By the sounds of it I am gonna love it...can't wait to read it!

Leona Maybe a new genre is forming....here....something a cut above the typical Harlequin, but not one of those long....often historical saga romance reads.

Vashti Go for it Dee,I put aside some well know author's to try this one and did not regret it.Loved it!!!!.

Leona,I have read some really good independent authors lately,some with the Harley vibe and was pleasantly surprised at them.Have you read Marie Kelly ,Jennifer Probst,and Gina Maxwell's ..SEDUCING CINDERELLA,loved that one too.

Leona wow...no..I haven't...Thank you so much the recommend, .....I will have to try them! Should I start with Seducing Cinderella?

Vashti Yes,def!!!

message 12: by Virginia (new)

Virginia I read this one in one sitting. Could not put it down. Loved your review and you are so right on about the hero. He really was a hardass was he not? I was so happy when she woke up.

Vashti Glad you enjoyed this one to Ginny,can not wait for the next book.