Faith's Reviews > Angels

Angels by Marian Keyes

Jan 17, 09

bookshelves: 2002-2004
Read in April, 2004

I consider Angels the best book Marian Keyes has ever written (although I havent yet read all her books). Maggie is clearly the most sympathetic of the Walsh-sisters. I also think that Angels deals with wider themes. Maggie's problem isnt really low self-esteem, like Claire's and Rachel's. She’s somehow a deeper character. I also liked the plot. In Angels Marian Keyes is more entertaining than ever. I really laughed, especially when Maggie’s family came to LA to visit her. The Walsh family seems to be an Irish version of Bridget Jones' family. Marian however makes her chanters more realistic and nicer than Helen fielding. Angels was also a real page-turner like no other book I have read for a while has been. I completely loved it. It captured me. Marian Keyes has a great way of relieving the background of events little by little. First it seemed like in the book Maggie's and Garv's marriage broke down because they were simply tired of each other or something as shallow, but during the book it turned out there was a lot more to it. Really great! I really felt like I was Maggie when I was reading the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels.