Susan Baratta's Reviews > Fury's Kiss

Fury's Kiss by Karen Chance

Oct 16, 12

Read in October, 2012

I saw on Karen Chance's website (the timeline between the Cassie books and the Dorina books) that she's always viewed the two series as one. I hadn't felt that way until this book. I think some of that is due to the fact that the I had to re-read certain parts to understand what was happening. That's a somewhat common occurrence in Cassie's books, mostly during the time travel sections. In Fury's Kiss, there were a couple of italicized portions, scenes occurring in Dory's mind, flashbacks and lots of frenzied fighting that, while wonderfully written made re-reading necessary. However, the level of excellence in the writing, the characters and superior world and amazing story completely negate any "whoa, what? gotta read that again" moments I had.
Two scenes in the book that are outstanding are (one) a young Dory and Mircea in Venice and (two) one of the most sensual love scenes ever...and the couple never physically touched. And an ending that opened up so many possibilities for the series.
I've always been a Pritkin girl. His chemistry with Cassie is off the charts. Mircea absolutely shines in the Dory books, I love him!...oh my, am I a Mircea girl now? I have no idea how the author will work it but either way, I'll be both elated and devastated.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury's Kiss.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dani A love scene with Dory & Mircea in Venice??? Is that a typo, 'cause he is her father!

Susan  Baratta Dani wrote: "A love scene with Dory & Mircea in Venice??? Is that a typo, 'cause he is her father!"

Two scenes...one of Dory and her father and the other of a sensual love scene which was Dory and Louis Cesar. I'll edit it to clear up any confusion. Thanks.