Vincent's Reviews > Scalped, Vol. 8: You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

Scalped, Vol. 8 by Jason Aaron

Oct 12, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novel
Read in October, 2012

Daddy/mentor issues drive the drama in this volume of Scalped. Unlike the previous volume, which began with a subtle story about an elderly couple struggling to make ends meet, Volume 8 starts off with the familiar grit of a hard-edged sheriff with a lot of Tall Tales to tell. Gina Bad Horse's killer is also revealed in this volume and Red Crow, the mafia boss, makes Dash, his trusted confident, an important post in his organization. Red Crow also has a heart-to-heart meeting with his mentor.

It's hard to speak about Scalped briefly. Even though Scalped doesn't present anything in the hardboiled genre that I hadn't read or seen before, it is engaging and exciting to read. At the end of each of the books I picked up, I wondered what would happen next and how the story would end. It's not the violence or that the central characters are American Indian (Native American) that keeps me wanting more. It's how well Jason Aaron portrays the fuzzy relationships between the characters -- and how all of the characters are connected in some way.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scalped, Vol. 8.