Sally's Reviews > And All the Stars

And All the Stars by Andrea K. Höst

Oct 06, 2012

bookshelves: e-galley-read, ya, boy-meets-girl, aliens, au-or-dystopia, sydney, australian, deadly-peril
Recommended to Sally by: Maria Elmvang
Read from May 28 to June 05, 2013

Oh yes, I loved this! I definitely felt the Tomorrow, When the War Began kind of vibe as well, which I really enjoyed. Also, omg Sydney! How dumb am I for not knowing this was Australian?! And then I started reading and, hang on, St. James station... now I'm a Melburnian but I have been to Sydney quite a few times, and I really loved how very Sydney this was. I could picture it all, I knew where they were, I could orient myself - and things like that really make me enjoy a book more. Not just Sydney as in, oh we'll mention the Opera House once or twice, but really, truly, Sydney. Squee! :D

Such cool characters too, especially Noi and Pan. Favourites! All of them, though, really. And such a trippy, cool idea. Normally not my type of plot to be honest, so I'm glad I hadn't read a blurb or anything before starting this or I might not have started it. WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAVESTY BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME. (view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And All the Stars.

Wendy Darling Oh yay, I'm glad you loved this! I still haven't written my review for this yet, every time I sit down I don't know what to say because there were moments towards the end where it made me really, really sad (I'm sure you know which ones).

I really enjoyed the Sydney setting, too. I actually met up with the author for a meat pie at Cafe de Wheels last summer.

Love. You should give Stray a try as well.

Sally YES. Yes I do.

And seriously, that is quite awesome :D

*adds to list*