monkeycat's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Oct 05, 2012

bookshelves: kindle-purchase
Recommended to monkeycat by: Nina
Read on October 01, 2012 — I own a copy

After finishing the first Wool book I was eager to dive into further storyline and felt more than ready to take on the other four books in this presentation. My overall impression of this series after finishing book 5 is that it is absolutely fantastic. I embraced the world and the characters, cared about them, was fascinated by what they went through and excited to learn more at every turn. The characters rang true including the strong female leads. I would strongly recommend this series to anyone who can appreciate a good dystopian story. Despite its length this is an easy read with a nice clean writing style that corresponds beautifully with the drabness of its world.

In all honesty, I felt like there was a bit of filler in the middle of the first book though overall it was great. I connected least with the second book, the third book was pretty good, and the fourth and fifth were phenomenal. I think edited down a little this compilation would make an epic trilogy. That said, I am still strongly pro-Wool. I can't wait for subsequent books in this series.

There is a Q&A with the writer in the kindle version shortly before the epilogue, is funny and likable. Don't miss that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.