Melissa Maxwell's Reviews > 52 Reasons to Hate My Father

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

Oct 06, 12

Read in October, 2012

This book exceeded my expectations. When I first saw the cover and read the title it intrigued me. I know you are not to judge a book by its cover but seriously you pick up a book because of its cover and read it because of its contents. That's true about life and the character's in the book. Lexington is what you'd perceive as your typical spoiled heiress. A few days before her eighteenth birthday she screws up royally and crashes her new car into a convenience store. This was the final straw for the absentee father. He devises a plan to straighten out his daughter partying and drinking ways. Lexington is fully expecting that on her birthday she will receive her trust fund of twenty-five million and finally be out of her father's thumb but instead is told she has to 52 different jobs for the next year in order to inherit. She first refuses but he will cut her off completely if she does. In order to make sure she goes and does the work her father put an intern, Luke, in charge of making sure she goes every day and makes sure she does the tasks. Luke and her are polar opposites but have to deal with each other in order to accomplish their tasks.

As I said this book surprised me with its depth and complexity. I felt for each character and understood each of their motivations. My favorite character was Ronaldo but you will understand when you read the book which you should. I loved her friends Jia and T because they were real friends who would be there for Lexie any time she needed it. I really hopes this ends up a movie because if done right would be majorly enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.