Max's Reviews > Black Spring

Black Spring by Alison Croggon

Oct 21, 2012

Read in October, 2012

This book scared me so deeply I put the book downwards so I couldn't see the face of the witch on the cover. I don't know if I can look at the front cover again- this book, whilst I was reading it, was far from scary and also, amazingly good with the simple, yet unique style of writing, yet the after taste of it is curious, and I am left in a confused state of what I just read. The story, for one, is so passionate and the love and death that bined together was so gothic and nourishing. The ending is, quite differently from other books, I am afraid to say, sad, and the amount of deaths in this book was like eating each cracker casually. I loved how understanding the writer- in the books was and how she put her very own opinions in her writing, that were both so wise and made me feel different about how I thought completely.
I am stunned and impressed by this book- it was such a realistic tale and I believed all the magic that came in- the happenings after the tragic part in the book made me want to squeal with suspence, or excitement.
This book is truly a favourite of mine.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Spring.

05/31 marked as: read