Book Whales 's Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: netgalley

Originally posted @ Book Whales

love reapers and a story where love can surpass heaven and hell. Yep, I’ am a sucker for that kind of story. So when I saw In Between, I know that I have to read it. The story is gripping and downright sad. The love story will definitely give you heartache.

The plot kind of reminds me of Fallen but with reapers on it. Despite the similarities, this book is unique on its own. Okay, I’ll start telling you the plot without any spoilers. Emma’s life is quite difficult, after the death of her father. She’s also haunted by her dreams, where she sees familiar images. The story took a great turn when Finn saved her from the car accident. Yes, a reaper saved her and saving her has consequences. Who is Allison? Can Finn fully protect her from her overpowering fate?

The world building was okay. It may have some similarities from other books but Inbetween can still stand on its own. I like how the author made this book an easy read. It was not complex and perplexing. There were no confusing moments for me. Though, the transitioning is a bit slow. I find myself bored in some parts of the story. I wanted the twist to be revealed or simply to get through the unnecessary scenes. But the twist and ending was worth the wait, it was one of those where you need tissues.

The character building is good. You get to know each side since it was written in dual perspective. It’s weird; I connected to Finn more than Allison. Finn’s character is raw. I felt his sorrow and loneliness. I totally understand why he did that – can’t tell you what he really did- His selfishness sort of made me attached to him. Emma as a character is sweet and fragile. Every reader, like me will feel protective of her. She’s very likeable like the other characters such as Cash, Scout and Anaya. Read this book to find out more about them.

The love angle is good. Their relationship is realistic and very sweet. Prepare to have a cavity! It was heartwarming!

Overall, this book is great read. I recommend this book to paranormal lovers, who like to get teary eyed. I will keep an eye on Tara Fuller from now on. I can’t wait to read another book from her.

I give this book 3 soul reaping whales.

Rating:

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.