Gaele's Reviews > Clockwork Blue

Clockwork Blue by Gloria Harchar

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: lov-of-para, owned, review-reads
Read from October 05 to 06, 2012

How can you resist the cover? That was my first draw to the book, and I bought it instantly. Then you combine faeries, love and a glimpse at 19th century industrial England; toss it in a jar and what emerges is a sweet, fun read that holds your interest. Written with a pacing that is nearly musical to read, the story hops from one scene to the next effortlessly, just pulling you along to enjoy the ride. This is one of a small handful of steampunk genre books I have read: and I will be honest and say it is less defined by that as it would be called a fantasy. The pixies are adorable, both with their names reflecting their personalities, and their activities both centered on the two humans, and their concern for England. Malcolm and Nicola are detailed with care, subject to the typical failures and foibles we all fall prey to. Add in darkness from the history of the time and some trolls – and you have a delightful mélange with something for near every reader. This was a book that once I started to read – I did not want to put it down; I bet you won’t either.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Blue.