Katyana's Reviews > Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 1

Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

Jan 12, 09

bookshelves: graphic-novel

This is one of the few current Marvel titles that I follow. >.>

This series is about a group of kids who barely know each other. They have met once a year, for their entire lives, hanging out for an evening as their parents get together for the annual meeting of their club. Well, now our kids are teenagers, and they start getting curious... what is this club? They make the unfortunate decision to spy on the meeting, and they discover something horrific: their parents are supervillains.

So they do what anyone would do: they run away.

Just a little bit of extra info on this series. Brian K Vaughan is very Joss Whedon-esque, and in fact, they do a fair bit of ghost writing for each other (and guest writing: BKV has written an arc of the Buffy Season 8 comic, and Whedon has written an arc of Runaways). Their style and voice are similar, and so, like with Whedon, what you will find here is great characterizations, sharp witty dialogue, and a lot of heart. Essentially, all the qualities I really admired about Buffy and Firefly.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 1.