Huda's Reviews > Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Jan 16, 09

bookshelves: english-books, young-adults
Recommended to Huda by: بركات كتابنا

LoOoL , my little brother will like this one soOo much :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Quotes Huda Liked

Jeff Kinney
“I'll be famous one day, but for now I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons." - Greg Heffley,”
Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid

01/13/2009 page 67
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ثريا (last edited Jan 16, 2009 10:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ثريا بترجي My son is reading this book these days and he is loving it
but he said he had to skip a chapter that was not suitable for his age

;)))

Nojood Alsudairi Way to go Sany!

Huda ;)))

ثريا بترجي he actually made a very positive comment on this book last week
he said something like" this is the first book that he honestly found interesting enough to read to the end, Unlike pirates of the Caribbean which he thought was boring "
and ..he bought a night lamp so he could read few more pages in bed before sleeping:))

Way to go Sani!!

Donabilla wondering about what was the not suitable 4 him..
can u tell us?

ثريا بترجي Do you believe it Dona i did not ask him neither did I check the book??
maybe i should? or maybe i should just appreciate his honesty and forget all about it?

Donabilla as a mom i think i would die to know :)

ثريا بترجي i like to give him some space:)
now back to the book Sani said there is a third part anyone has it? or knows anything about it?

message 9: by Nojood (last edited Jan 19, 2009 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nojood Alsudairi I think this book was the first then the blue one, right? The third one is: The lasr straw.

ثريا بترجي According to Sani the blue came first then the red then the third one
was it released? is it as good?

message 11: by Nojood (last edited Jan 19, 2009 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nojood Alsudairi I think the red one was the first as the one in our hands is edition no. 8 and it was released in 2007, while the blue one is the third edition that was released in 2008. The third one, green, is just released (hardcover)in January 2009. I found out when you mentionrd it. I looked for it in Amazon ;)

ثريا بترجي you are right
my mistake
so now we should be looking for the green one

message 13: by ثريا (last edited Jan 22, 2009 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ثريا بترجي Sani has just finished the second one
he read both books in a less than a week, i honestly was surprised because he was never a fast reader, well.. i do realize it’s a light funny read and its language is very easy to a ten years old..that for sure encouraged him a lot.

i read some negative reviews on the series here on goodreads and disagreed with those who said it added nothing to the young readers.

in our case i watched my son enjoying reading a book in a way he never did before, he took it to school and to his grandmother's house, and chatted about it all day long.

and we also chose his next book to read before he even finished the one in his hand.

i could only be grateful to the genius writer for such an achievement.

Nojood Alsudairi I agree with you! We should be grateful for books that encourage kids to read. This in itself is an aim and a big achievement.