Diana Murdock's Reviews > Earth Tones

Earth Tones by Angela Wallace

Oct 14, 12

Read from October 05 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Earth Tones by Angela Wallace is, in my opinion, her best novel yet. Now understand that her other novels are amazing, but it seems that with each title she releases, her stories are richer and perhaps deeper in texture. Her elemental characters come alive off the page and are "real" people with abilities that, though are supernatural, are not overdone or far-fetched.

Nita and Keenan are elementals faced with saving a small Alaskan town from destruction of supernatural proportions. The back story of their love for one another is threaded through the trials they encounter and grows stronger as the situation gets tougher.

Ms. Wallace's writing style, for me anyway, is almost calming (for lack of a better word), but when push comes to shove, the tension builds up and before I know it, my heart is beating faster and I'm reading at an accelerated rate. I usually read when I'm on the treadmill and my 45 minutes usually goes by totally unnoticed.

Bravo once again for Angela Wallace and Earth Tones. *Big sigh* I so want to be an Elemental…
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth Tones.