J.A. Dalley's Reviews > After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia

Detailed Review of After

The Segment
Really interesting world and characters. Reminded me of Hunger Games. 7
After the Cure
Interesting take on a zombie apocalypse. Great characters!
Valedictorian
Great setting. I really enjoyed it.
Visiting Nelson
I couldn't read more than two pages because the narrative is written from the perspective of an illiterate teenager, i.e. Sint Paul, useta, coz, etc.
All I Know of Freedom
This story was really weird. I didn't like it because it was a green global warming story making fun of religious people.
The Other Elder
The Giver on a generation ship.
The Great Game at the End of the World
Really weird. The earth was destroyed and friendly monsters roamed the surface. The two characters play a baseball game with the monsters.
Reunion
Portrays a revolution in a Hunger Games esque world.
Blood Drive
A story about high schoolers carrying hand guns to school, and the problems that causes.
Reality Girl
Odd story about people who dive in poisonous water after golden coins to please tourists. Reality Girl gets recruited to help with a movie and learns more about herself in the process.
How Thirth Wint Rong By Hapless Joey
Didn't even bother with this one. The title scared me off.
Rust with Wings
Bugs that eat metal have taken over part of the US and Jeremy's family try to escape.
Faint Heart
Though this does take place in the future I felt like I was reading a fantasy short story. Just a retelling of the labyrinth with a Minotaur. Great ending though.
The Easthound
Standard dystopian story about kids hitting puberty turning into monsters.
Gray
Poem about the end of the world, and it's rebirth.
Before
Another standard dystopia. Mankind created a disease that is no killing everyone. The catch is that native America's are immune. Kind of weird and not much plot.
Fake Plastic Trees
Nanites have taken over the world and turn everything into a plastic substance called THE GOO. Only a few cities have survived.
You Wont Feel a Thing
Interesting world. This is actual a prequel to the author's novel Shade's Children. The world interested me enough I'll buy that book to find out more.
The Marker
Really interesting story. Had a Giverish feel to it also.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After.