Ellen 's Reviews > My Merlin Awakening

My Merlin Awakening by Priya Ardis

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours

My Merlin Awakening picks up where the first book in the series left off. Ryan finds herself in the middle of the conflict between two brothers, each who believe they are doing the right thing, and she cares for them both. While she finds herself with one, she still can't seem to let go of the other, and with both of them being able to get into her head, it doesn't make things easier. The action in this book is intense, with mermaids, monsters, and myths, Ryan finds herself in the middle of a battle in which her choices and actions determine the lives of others. The question is can she rise to the occasion, and can she hold onto both of these brothers that she cares so much about, or will one be lost to becoming a monster?

I really loved this book, it was even better than the first in the series. It delves more into the magic and mythology surrounding Merlin, as well as the gods. The romance is really, really hot, as is the drama. I found myself team Merlin sometimes and team Vane others (though I really have a thing for the bad boys). Ryan really kicks butt in this novel. Lives are lost, difficult choices are made, friendships are tested, and love is put to the test. This was an outstanding second book in this delightful series and I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

Favorite My Merlin Awakening Quote: Vane grabbed me. “DuLac, let’s chat.” Chat. British-speak for “Stand still while I yell at you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Merlin Awakening.