Antonia's Reviews > Breed

Breed by Chase Novak

Oct 13, 12

bookshelves: i-own
Read from October 06 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

'Breed' brings horror in your home.

This is one of the creepiest, weirdest and most special books I've ever read. The story begins with Alex Twisden and Leslie Kramer, an infertile young couple, who are very much in love with each other but their efforts concerning offspring are nothing more than fruitful. They hear about a successful doctor in Slovenia and decide to take a chance... But fertility, just like life itself, is a like a chess game. You make a move and sometimes it's victorious, other times you just lose.
My thoughts: First of all, this book was horrific, really scary. The way the author describes the scenery of the house (in which tremendous things take place) catches your breath and prevents you from breathing normally. The plot was magnificent, so many twists and kept me at ease until its last page.
This book really is about how true monsters, scarier than bloody vampires or tough werewolves (so common in today's fiction), can live among us and inside us. People tend to get stuck in particular ideas and forget that, sometimes, the consequences of these ideas can prove to be fatal for them and their families. That each and every one of us can stick to his/her lifelong dream, but we must always keep in mind what this dream may mean to the people around us and to ourselves when life will have transformed us, because time has this ability of changing angelic people into monsters.
Overall, 4.5 out of 5 stars, because it was a particularly enjoyable read. It was fresh, original, nothing like I read in the past. I strongly recommend it to people who love horror books and are at ease with graphic murder scenes and spooky environments. 'Breed' will not disappoint you, you'll find yourself turning the pages late at night. A book with amazing life-lessons. So, yes, go read it as soon as possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breed.

10/07/2012 page 67