Suzi's Reviews > Unspoken

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

F 50x66
Oct 05, 12

Read in October, 2012

This book gave me warm fuzzies while I was reading it because it was so good and lived up to my expectations of it, and definitely left me wanting to read the next ones in the series (why does publishing take so long, WHY???)
I loved the friendship between Kami, Angela and Holly, loved that Kami, while being a sassy girl reporter, obviously isn't perfect at her chosen job (like failing to notice that Holly wanted to be friends with her before it was pointed out) and thus can grow into it with us seeing her learning.
I was disappointed that Ash only seemed to be there to be a "not Jared" sort of character, but have hopes of seeing more of him in the next books. The other thing I would have liked to see more of was more interaction with the awakened woods - there is sooooo much potential there, and I want to see the creatures from Japanese mythology especially messing with the residents of Sorry-in-the-Vale to some extent.
I know I'm probably crazy to say this, but I loved how it ended too - I guess I was sort of expecting it, what with it being the first book in the series, and I thrive on that sort of emotional tension in books, but by gods, Sarah Rees Brennan, I hope you make it all work out by the end of the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspoken.