Jayjay's Reviews > Destroy Me

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Oct 08, 12

Read from October 04 to 06, 2012

Posted @ We Fancy Books Blog

If you read Shatter Me, I say that you should not dare miss reading Destroy Me! If you hate Warner this is a book to redeem that feeling.

Warner is one of the reason I loved Shatter Me, he’s basically a ruthless guy in the outside but who knew what’s up in his head until this book came out. I didn't pass the chance to read it and I was just, blown away. I never really knew what was coming and after reading this short e-novella I just can’t seem to process everything. It was short but gives enough reason to love Warner… more!

Though I really enjoyed this book it made me think of Warner differently… both Positive and Negative . Let’s just go with the positive first and then will rant in a few. Warner is capable of loving! Yes, he is one helluva smitten guy over Juliette and I admire him for that. Reading a piece of his mind makes me care more about him. He may have his merciless ways but in the end he just wants what’s best for him and… Juliette. Which was not known at first but I have a soft spot for him after reading this one. Even though I like his ruthless ways of doing things, he’s just the way he is and it was nice to know the reasons behind them. Now for the Negative part, he’s not the Warner I know. I was kind of sad that this Warner I’m reading is different from the one I know, or rather what Juliette knows. It was good to know his feelings and thoughts but it made me think of him as a weak character. He’s basically smitten over a girl who he doesn’t really know, love makes him weak. His initial introduction is supposed to be a fierce leader of Sector 45 but as I read the book there is more that meets the eye. He’s a different person that is capable of loving someone; he’s someone who will fight for what he wants. Don’t get me wrong I love knowing he’s capable of these emotions but it was really different. I never knew this side of him exists until now. Where did the fierce Warner that I know of go? All I see now is a love smitten guy that will do everything to take Juliette back and take revenge on Adam.

On a side note this e-novella has some bonus content that would entice every reader. It contains files from Warner and the Reestablishment.

Overall this book just made me gasp for more. I need to read Unravel Me soon and wish that it’s 2013 already. I’m building up my theory on what will happen on the next book and more reason to wait. If you love Warner you will enjoy reading this short e-novella.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Me.

Daisel (Owl Always Be Reading) OMG ! You are going to love this! The writing is just beautiful. I am lost of words on how I feel about Warner and Adam right now! Let me know how you like it. :)

Jayjay Daisel wrote: "OMG ! You are going to love this! The writing is just beautiful. I am lost of words on how I feel about Warner and Adam right now! Let me know how you like it. :)"

I'll keep you posted! I'll be reading this tomorrow ;) I love Warner!