Sandy Wolters's Reviews > An Affair to Remember: Freedom in Love Series

Series: Freedom In Love, Book 1
Author: Norma Budden
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: Approximately 126 pages

I'm a huge fan of romantic suspense. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, Book 1 in the Freedom In Love series by NORMA BUDDEN, offers the reader a good suspense story and a not so typical love story that I really enjoyed.

Monica Townsend lives a quiet, somewhat lonely life as a book editor never suspecting that someone has been watching her every move since her father's death at a very early age. Is this stalker someone she can trust? Is he someone to be feared? I'm not going to tell you.

After a normal day, she leaves work and her life is shattered into pieces. She's kidnapped at gunpoint and whisked away to a very uncertain future. There's no one to help her, or is there?

Chase Travers, a cop with some serious coworker trust issues, is on duty when a shots fired call comes in at an abandoned warehouse. He responds to find dead men and an injured Monica, whom he feels an instant connection with, but no sign of the shooter. Unable to understand what happened at the warehouse, Chase feels that Monica's life is still in danger. He makes the decision to stay with her at the hospital until he has some answers. Another attempt is made on Monica's life that night, so Chase takes her on the run one step ahead of the bad guys.

The love story starts there. Chase is a married man with children, but his marriage is in trouble. The affection between Monica and Chase turns into an affair while they are on the run trying to stay alive. Will they stay together after the adrenaline of the dangerous events in their lives ends? Again, I'm not going to tell you. I will say, however, that when I thought I was at the end of the book, I was surprised at the turn of events between Monica and Chase. I'll also tell you that when I actually got to the end of the book, I was pleasantly surprised at how everything worked out. It made me happy. This was a fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Affair to Remember.

10/04/2012