Claire S's Reviews > China, Inc.: How the Rise of the Next Superpower Challenges America and the World

China, Inc. by Ted C. Fishman

I bought and skimmed/read this book during the Olympic boycott conversation, and one thing I found interesting is that the term 'Human Rights' is not in the index. Which would indicate it's not a concept that the author included in this book. Skimming on my own, I did find it mentioned - but only as a transparent strategy that certain entities use to try and stem US job loss - nothing more. Which was interesting at that point in time (and now).

In general, I found it the way others have - superficial, simplistic, stereotypical.. but also with some nuggets of truth. I also felt that one true thing was that the amount of US debt that China holds is big and meaningful. I felt that the author's easy dismissal of India's rise to prominence was facile and insufficiently supported.

Overall, another interesting snippet to include within a set of books on these subjects - relying on this one alone would be a mistake.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read China, Inc..